Get Frozen Pipes and Plumbing Fixed – Clean Up Water in Crawl Space and Basements call toll free 404-410-0249 – 24 hour emergency line.
Have flooding in your home or business due to frozen pipes? GA Water & Fire technicians have to experience to handle your flooding due to frozen pipes. We provide water extraction and clean up to Atlanta Metropolitan area including Roswell, Athens, Conyers, Sandy Springs, Hiawassee, Lawrenceville, Jonesboro, Tucker, Marietta, Alpharetta, Dallas, Covington, Dalton, Winder, Lafayette, Trenton, and surrounding areas.
GA Water & Fire also repairs Frozen Pipe damage and extract water for commercial properties as well, such Hotels, Motels, Restaurants, condos, apartment and hospitals.
Every year during this time there is always a multitude of articles written about one topic: FROZEN PIPES! This is because each year insurance companies spend millions of dollars on issues related to frozen pipe water damage. If you want to prevent any possibility of having this happen to you this winter check out the hot tips below. 5 Tips on how to prevent frozen pipes The reason why frozen pipes are such a pain is that when water freezes, it expands. Once ice forms in the pipe, the pressure shatters seals or the pipes themselves. The ice then melts causing water to leak everywhere. You can avoid this by:
- Making sure to insulate your pipes throughout your basements, crawl spaces and attic, or anywhere else where the temperature might drop below freezing.
- Sealing up your wall cracks, window cracks, and dryer vents. Basically you want to do everything you can to avoid cold air entering inside your home.
- Disconnecting and covering all hoses connected to the outside of your home.
- Keeping doors slightly open between your heated and unheated rooms. This will allow the temperature to flow more evenly.
- If you’re planning a tropical vacation or just leaving town to somewhere close by this winter, it’s a good idea to keep your home heated at no lower than 55 degrees. Also, have a neighbor check on your home, pipes and all, every day.
Beware of below freezing temperatures
Beware ahead of time if the temperatures are going to drop below freezing (check your local news station or online weather channel). If the temperatures are going to drop this low make sure that your pipes are protected ahead of time because this is when they’re most vulnerable to damage.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5212699